In 1938 the diesel engine era began when Wärtsilä signed a licence agreement with Friedrich Krupp Germania Werft AG in Germany. The first diesel engine was produced in Turku, Finland in November 1942. During the following decades more focus was put on manufacturing diesel and gas engines with the acquisitions of the Swedish firm NOHAB in 1978, the French Société Alsacienne de Constructions Mécaniques (SACM), and the Dutch Stork-Werkspoor in 1989.
In 1997 Wärtsilä absorbed the diesel motor producing New Sulzer Diesel (NSD), having been created by Sulzer in 1990.
As former Sulzer licensee we have a lot of knowledge about Wärtsilä engine spare parts.
Download our brochure
DAMEN Schelde Marine Services